Solving the previous year question paper is an essential part of exam preparation. Students must start solving the past year papers at least one month before the board exam. By this time, students must have completed all the syllabus and done with the revisions. So, this is the best time to self evaluate the exam preparation.
Especially for those students who have to appear for the exams, solving the previous year question papers will benefit a lot. By solving the previous year question papers, students can get an overview of the real question paper, marking scheme for each section, important questions, etc. The previous year question papers for the Maharashtra SSC board exams are designed according to the syllabus. It also helps students to learn time management skills so that they can complete the exam paper on time. Previous year question papers help students to know their preparation level and work on their weak points. When it comes to exam preparation, solving the previous year question papers can be of great help to excel in their exam. It allows students to revise the complete syllabus at one go.
Why It’s Important to Solve Previous Year Question Papers
By solving the previous year papers, students can attempt the final paper with full confidence. It helps them to self-assess their preparation level. Here we have mentioned various benefits of solving the previous year question papers:
- Get Thorough with the Paper Pattern: By solving the previous year question papers, students will get an overview of the question paper pattern, important topics, weightage of marks, etc. It gives them clarity about the exam.
- Question Paper Marking Scheme: Previous year question papers give students an idea of the marking scheme allocated for each section. This helps them in writing the answers as per the marks allocated to a particular question.
- Time Management: Students learn time management by solving the previous year paper. They get to know whether they could be able to solve the entire paper in the allocated time duration or not. If not, then, they work on it and improve their performance.
- Get to know the Important Topics: Most of the questions asked in previous year papers are essential from the exam, and some of them even get repeated in the exam. So, it’s better to practice all the questions to score high marks.
- Self Analysis: Board exam students self assess their preparation level by solving the previous year papers. They compare the answer sheet with the answers of previous year question papers class 10 with solutions. By doing so, they get to know their shortcomings and strong areas. This helps them in improving their performance and prepare better for the board exam.
Students should make it a habit of solving previous year question papers regularly before the exam. It will give them a feel of the real question paper, and also they will get to know the types of questions they can expect in the exam. Students should give their best and leave no stone unturned for the exam. They will surely score good marks and pass the Maharashtra Board exam with flying colours.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S YouTube channel to get the latest notification regarding the interesting Maths & Science Videos.