Such is the popularity of the famous Aviator-style sunglasses, there are so many different styles and designs, as this timeless tear-drop shaped design has captured the world’s attention. Ever since Bausch & Lomb made the very first pair of Aviator sunglasses, this elegant and very functional design has grown in popularity, and with the help of a few Hollywood celebrities, the Aviator soon became a well-known name in the fashion world. If you are looking to acquire a few pairs of Aviators, here are some aspects to bear in mind.
- Functionality – Of course, you want to look cool when out and about, but let’s not forget practicality. Make sure the frames sit nicely on your face and are not loose when you move your head. If you’re an active person, it is even more important that the frames fit well, and we all have different shaped heads. Check with the online size guide and you will be fine.
- Lens Colours – You really are spoilt for choice regarding lens tints, and the most popular is a shade of brown, as this allows for a high level of clarity. If, for example, you like a shade of yellow, yet it doesn’t offer you the same clarity, look for a darker shade, such as a light smoky gray. If you want your shades to contrast with your outfit, there are some stunning cheap aviator sunglasses in all shades from the online designer sunglasses retailer, and they have styles to suit every taste.
- The Rugged Look – If you prefer to wear jeans and are an outdoor type, thick plastic frames will make the Aviators seem chunky. Choose a frame style that fully wraps, maximising your visibility. Dark or mirrored lenses add a touch of intrigue and, of course, only accept polarized lenses, which eliminate all of the glare.
- The Sleek & Sophisticated Look – Aviators with a brass or silver finish that are thin yet very durable would certainly help with a clean and professional look, ideal for entrepreneurs and those who appreciate the finer things in life. Don’t bother with shopping malls, as the best selection of designer sunglasses is to be found online, and a Google search will take you to a leading retailer who would have pages of designs and styles.
- Correct Fit – Of course, it is important that the design of the frames works with your head shape, and the online designer sunglasses retailer has a size guide, to allow you to select the perfect fit.
- Mirrored Lenses – They have remained popular since the 1930s, when they were used by US airmen, and even today, mirrored lenses are as popular as ever. Again, you are not limited with shades or tints. The online supplier would have the largest selection, and mirrored lenses reflect light, which helps for clear vision.
Image Source: Freepik
Whatever style you are looking for, you won’t find a better selection of top-rated Aviator sunglasses than with the online designer sunglasses retailer, who can be found with a Google search. They are so reasonably priced, you can afford to splash out on a couple of pairs, for different occasions.