The role of cannabis is prominent all over the world because of its non-psychoactive component. CBD has unwaveringly risen to the forefront of the wellness movement, and even famous athletes have become the spokesperson for its benefits.
Everyone knows that a small token of CBD can help ailing depression, chronic pain, insomnia, and other symptoms. This seemingly miraculous compound is available in all forms, from candies to CBD hemp cream.
Let’s take a deeper look at why famous martial arts competitors and NFL players turn to CBD products for pain relief. Read more to find out!
What is CBD? Why is it essential for fitness routines?
CBD is an abbreviated form of cannabidiol, and it offers effective treatment for many disorders. Successful animal research has shown that it has a great potential to ease the pain. It is considered a safer alternative to other drugs and pain narcotics.
People who use it once prefer it much better than over-the-counter pain relievers. CBD can regulate receptors in the muscles, immune system, kidney, and liver. A study published in a journal indicates that CBD plays a great role in reducing anxiety and post-traumatic stress.
Overall, the actual proof and evidence are not enough to conclude the certainty in providing relief in various conditions. But it would be best if you are aware or consult a physician to see what is advised for the pain.
How Does CBD Hemp Cream Help in Your Fitness?
There is not much empirical research or inquiry into how CBD can help people through fitness results, but there is hope to believe it is helpful in every way. Cannabidiol helps fight against inflammation, but it also helps you from the effects of weightlifting, running, or high-intensity training.
Dr. Murdoc Khaleghi answers that CBD can alleviate pain and inflammation, accelerating the recovery for athletes. But some people who used CBD also felt less effective when it comes to exercise recovery.
Seeing how the product works, people believe it helps them focus better while working out, although there is no hard testimony for the claims. A study conducted in a clinic points out that those administered with CBD showed less response to stress than those who were not.
CBD used after a workout has slightly more evidence considering how it enhances performance. Many athletes have come forward with their confession on using it for muscle recovery and pain relief.
So, CBD delays the soreness in the muscle when it comes to recovery, which accompanies immobility. That is because it has the astonishing ability to aid with the inflammation of your body. Moreover, the investigation also points out a unique connection between peaceful sleep and CBD, where 75% of the participants admit to having improved sleep.
How to select the best CBD creams for your aches?
Here is a detailed checklist you need to glance over before buying the best CBD creams for muscle soreness from exercise:
- Choose the cream from a company that shows the proof of third-party testing like Sunday Scaries.
- An ISO 17025 compliant lab must do the testing.
- The product must pass tests for pesticides set by COA.
- The hemp should be from the US and grown on a farm in the US.
- The product should not consist of more than 0.3 percent of THC set by the standards of COA (Certificate of analysis)
- Make sure the cream is fragrance-free so that it is ideal for people who are sensitive to smell.
- Ensure to check several factors like whether the hemp cream contains aloe vera, rosemary, honeysuckle, etc. If you have any allergies, you can stay away from buying them.
- You can easily access COA from the product page.
- Extraction ways for CBD pain cream products should be CO2 and ethanol methods.
- When it comes to potent dosage, it completely depends on your personal needs and response.
- Brand reputation is another major factor to check whether the product is relevant or not. Make sure to check CBD brand reviews so that it ensures longevity. But it is worth noting that even smaller brands give more attention to quality.
How to use CBD cream for muscle aches or arthritis?
Usually, the usage instruction to apply the cream is available on the product itself. If you are still not sure, here are some tips to follow:
- Don’t use more than the recommended amount of cream mentioned in the pack.
- Start massaging the painful area while applying the cream.
- Massaging helps promote blood circulation and relax your tense muscles.
- To see better results, use the cream along with other medicines or agents.
- Wait patiently for a few days to see the results. It usually requires a long duration actually to see noticeable results to target inflammatory chemicals.
What are the side effects of using CBD?
If you consume CBD in moderate doses, it is completely safe and does not show any serious side effects. It is worth noting that even CBD can show adverse effects if it interacts with other drugs, just like any medicine.
Some of the most common side effects include stomach issues like nausea or diarrhea, inadequate sleep, mood changes like irritability or depression. CBD may also cause allergic reactions to people with nut allergies. Doctors and researchers have not yet confirmed the long-term effects of consuming CBD. Since it can intervene with sedating drugs, it is better to talk with the healthcare professionals before usage. Overall, it is safe to choose the right one in terms of quality and safety to see the best results.
As it turns out, CBD cream with its therapeutic properties can help alleviate various pain symptoms. Although research is not that strong in this area, it can improve sleep, relieve you from muscle soreness and inflammation.
Nearly twenty-five percent of the people who use CBD in outpatient palliative care confirm its necessity as a topical solution. It is up to you to choose the best product according to quality control, hemp source, and strength. Make sure to apply it in adequate dosage to see better results. Hopefully, we’ll see a boost in research related to the CBD industry quite soon instead of just relying on anecdotal evidence.