Focus on names that come from Greek, Roman, and Egyptian mythology. All of them have venerated throughout the centuries their own deities; gods and goddesses that made sense of natural phenomena difficult to explain and that protected people from their great fears. The gods related to each other as humans, loving and hating each other.
Let’s see what the main Greek, Roman and Egyptian goddesses were called and what and who they protected. When choosing the name of your baby, some parents are clear, but others have not yet decided. You can get Names That Mean Goddess. Well, here we have many proper names, with their respective origins and meanings, although their meanings vary according to sources and interpretations.
Are you going to be a girl mom or dad soon and it is time to take care of the choice of name? because the selection is huge: there are many names for girls. When deciding which name you could choose for your daughter, a look at the meaning is all the more helpful.
Goddess Names For Girls
Aphrodite. Goddess of love and beauty, she was believed to have been born from the foam of the sea. She was married to the god Hephaeus, although she was never faithful to her husband and had different love stories, including her relationship with Ares, god of war.
- Amphitrite. Considered the queen of the sea to be married to Poseidon, god of the ocean.
- Mugwort . Artemis is the goddess of hunting, forest, births and virginity.
- Athena. Born from the head of Zeus, god of the gods, Athena is considered the goddess of wisdom, science, justice and civilization.
- Auraa This beautiful name refers to the goddess of the breeze and fresh air.
- Circe. She was a very popular goddess in ancient Greece, related to magic.
- Demeter. Daughter of Chrono and Rea, she is the goddess of fertility, agriculture, nature and the annual seasons.
- Eris. Goddess of discord and confrontation.
- Styx. Goddess of the Styx river, in which the gods made their oaths.
- Harmony. Goddess of concord and harmony.
- Hecate . Goddess of magic, witches and crossroads.
- Hera. Queen of the gods being the wife of Zeus, Hera considered herself the protector of family and marriage.
- Hestia. Goddess of the home, order and family.
- Ilitía. Iris. Personification of the rainbow and messenger of Olympus.
- Nemesis. Goddess of retribution, balance and revenge.
- Niké. Goddess of victory.
- Nix. Goddess of the night.
- Persephone. Queen of the underworld as the woman of Hades, god of hell.
- Selene . Nice name that refers to the goddess of the moon.
Roman goddess names
The gods of Greek mythology were adopted by the Romans when they took over Ancient Greece, but their names were changed for the Goddess baby Names. Let’s see the equivalence of the names of the Roman goddesses with the Greek: You can find Goddess Names For Boys
- Ceres. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Demeter.
- Diana. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Artemis
- Juno. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Hera.
- Minerva. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Athena.
- Venus. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Aphrodite.
- Vesta. Its equivalent in Greek mythology is Hestia.
- Egyptian goddess names
- Amonet. One of the main goddesses of Ancient Egypt, who wore a red crown and carried a roll of papyrus in her hands. Its name means “the hidden one”.
- Anuket. Goddess of the Nile River also known as Anaka or Anqet. Her sacred animal was the gazelle and her name means “the hugger”.
- Bastet She was depicted as a protective goddess in the shape of a cat.
- Hathor. It was one of the most important and revered deities of Ancient Egypt.
- Heket. Goddess of fertility, represented in the shape of a toad.
- Isis. Important goddess of Ancient Egypt, whose worship spread throughout the Roman Empire. Considered the ideal mother and wife, as well as the mother of nature and magic. Its name means “throne”.
- Iusaaset or Iusaas. Goddess considered as the grandmother of all deities.
- Qebehut. Goddess considered as the personification of the liquid to embalm.
- Maat. Goddess who embodied the concepts of truth, balance, order, harmony, law, morality and justice.
- Mafdet. Protective Egyptian goddess against snakes and scorpions. It also protected the tombs of the pharaohs and other sacred places.
- Meheturet. Goddess of heaven depicted as a cow with a sun disc between her horns.
- Mut. Goddess whose name translates as “mother”, associated with the waters from which all things arose.
- Neftis or Nebthet. Protective deity that symbolizes death, opposite to Isis that symbolizes life.
- Seshat. Egyptian goddess of wisdom, knowledge and writing. She was seen as a scribe and her name literally means “the one who writes.”
- Sekhmet. Her name means “the mighty” and she is a warrior goddess and goddess of healing. You have. Protective divinity that represents childbirth and fertility. Her name means “the big one” and she is represented as a hippopotamus.
- Tefnut. Goddess who represents dew and rain.
- Uadyet. Goddess considered as the patron saint and protector of lower Egypt.
The Viking pantheon also included a significant female presence. Therefore, we have compiled a list of names of the most important Viking goddesses.
|Aadhavan||As brilliant as the sun.|
|aavartanah||The unseen dynamism|
|Abhima||Destroyer of fear.|
|Achyutam||One who will never perish.|
|Adbhuta||The one who is wonderful or astonishing|
|Adeep||Light or Light of Lord Vishnu|
|Adhrit||One who does not require support but supports others.|
|Adwith||One who is most powerful.|
|Agnija||One who is born out of the fire.|
|Ajeya||One who cannot be Conquered|
|Akshar||Everlasting; immortal; one who cannot be destroyed.|
|Amitash||Omnipresent, One who has sacred marks|
|Amogh||One who performs everything with a purpose.|
|Amritaya||One who will never die.|
|Amurti||All Prevading, Incorporeal|
|Anagh||Unblemished and virtuous, One who has not commited any sin|
|Anand||Pure bliss; happiness.|
|Anantajit||Someone who is always victorious.|
|Ananth||One which is endless.|
|Anay||Having no leader.|
|Animish||One who knows everything.|
|Anvith||One who bridges the gap.|
|Ari||Inner Skin, Brave, Lion, Eagle|
|Arkah||Someone who is in the guise of the sun.|
|Arnav||As vast as an ocean.|
|Arthah||Revered by all.|
|Arvind||One who has lotus-like eyes.|
|Asan||Lord Vishnu, Vault, Easy|
|Ashrith||Someone who is always eager and ready to help.|
|Ashvattas||The tree of life; Banyan tree.|
|Atulya||The incomparable one.|
|Avyan||Someone who is flawless and unmarred.|
|Badri||Old,Rain that Falls before Winter, Fullness of the Moon, One who Took Part in the Battle of Badr|
|Bali||A mighty warrior, Brave, Powerful, Strength, Offering|
|Bhanu||Bright as the sun.|
|Bhavesh||One who rules the world.|
|Bhudhav||Bhu – Earth, Dhav – Lord|
|Bhuvanesh||Lord of the Universe; Lord of the Earth;The Lord of the World|
|Chiranjeevi||One who will never die; the immortal one.|
|Daksh||Smart one; competent.|
|Devarshee||Teacher of the god, A God likes a saint|
|Devesh||Revered by the Devas; Lord of all the Gods.|
|Dhananjay||One who Wins Wealth|
|Dhruv||The one who never changes amidst everything that is changing.|
|Durjay||One who cannot be conquered or defeated.|
|Durlabh||One which is rare.|
|Eeshvara||Someone who can do anything all by himself.|
|Eha||In this place, Here, Now, At this time|
|Govind||One who protects and guards cows.|
|Hari||One who destroys.|
|Hemang||Having a golden and shimmery body.|
|Hrishikesh||God of the senses.|
|Inesa||A Strong King, pure, chaste, holy, sacred, purifying|
|Inesh||One who is the ruler of all; a powerful and strong ruler.|
|Iresh||The Lord of the Earth.|
|Jayant||Always the victorious one.|
|Kanil||One who cannot be destroyed.|
|Keshav||One who has long hair; one who has killed Keshi, the demon.|
|Kumud||A Lotus, Joy of the Earth, Water lily|
|Madhav||Goddess Mahalakshmi’s husband.|
|Madhava||Sweet like honey|
|Madhusudan||The one who killed the demon Madhu.|
|Mahil||One who has the quality of being warm, affectionate, gentle and considerate.|
|Manohar||One who wins over the mind.|
|Mokshith||The liberated; one who has attained moksha.|
|Mukund||The one who liberates.|
|Namish||Well-mannered, respectful, polite.|
|Nand||One who is liberated from all worldly pleasures.|
|Narayan||The abode of all human beings.|
|Nikesh||The saviour; someone who is not finite.|
|Nimish||In no time; at the moment.|
|Paarthiv||Son of the earth, Brave, Prince of earth, Earthly|
|Prabhootas||One who is always full.|
|Pradyuman||Someone extremely wealthy.|
|prajaapatih||The Lord of all creatures|
|Prathit||One who exists permeating everything.|
|Pushkara||One with lotus-like eyes.|
|Rakshan||One who protects.|
|Ram||God; Supreme spirit|
|Reyaansh||The first rays of the Sun.|
|Rishik||One who is full of knowledge; the rays of the Sun.|
|Rivaansh||A strong desire to succeed.|
|Rudra||One who makes everyone cry.|
|Sahashrajit||One who defeats everyone.|
|Sameeran||One who efficiently manages and is responsible for the running of all living creatures.|
|Sarvaadih||The beginning of all|
|Sarvah||The only one.|
|Sarveshwar||One who controls everyone.|
|Satkrit||The loved one.|
|Sharvas||The auspicious, fortunate one|
|Shatrughan||Destroyer of enemies.|
|Shivah||One who is forever pure.|
|Shresth||The best one|
|Shrish||The Lord of wealth and prosperity.|
|Shrivas||One who lives with Shree (Goddess Lakshmi).|
|Shrivatsa||The lover of Goddess Lakshmi.|
|Sourish||The Lord of the Suras or Devas|
|Sriyaan||Being sensible; riches.|
|Stavya||Someone who is praiseworthy.|
|Subhekshan||A very favourable gaze.|
|Subhuj||One with elegant arms.|
|Suhrit||One who is a friend to everyone.|
|Sulabh||Always and anywhere available.|
|Sumukh||One whose face is charming.|
|Suranand||Giving immense happiness.|
|Suvrata||One who has taken the most fortunate and favourable forms.|
|Suyati||One who has controlled his passions, Epithet of Vishnu|
|Trijosh||One who is positively minded; a person who is full of positive energy and new ideas.|
|Trilokesh||King of all the three worlds.|
|Urjit||He who has a lot of energy.|
|Vaidyah||The greatest doctor.|
|Varish||Sleeping on the ocean;|
|Vasu||Invaluable; exquisite; someone who is rich and has a lot of wealth.|
|Vatsal||Someone who is very affectionate.|
|Veer||The brave one.|
|Vikram||An expert; having mastery.|
|Vilakshan||Someone who is the best; the unusual.|
|Vineet||Having great knowledge; someone who is well-mannered and courteous.|
|Viraj||Magnificient and splendid; splendour; courageous.|
|Visham||One who is equal to none.|
|Vishisht||One who surpasses all because of his glory.|
|Vishruth||A person who is famous and well known.|
|vishvakarmaa||The creator of the universe|
|Vishvam||The Lord of the universe; ruler; the greatest.|
|Vitthal||One who bestows prosperity.|
Maybe you want to tell a Baby Goddess Names? Is there an important family tradition that needs to be followed? Or have you already decided on a letter with which the first name for your girl should begin? In the list you will definitely find a lot of baby names for girls in alphabetical order. So that you also know what is behind the names, we also have the explanation of the meaning and origin of each name ready. No matter which name you choose for your daughter