Thick, shiny, voluminous hair is a dream of both males and females, and the thought of hair loss is frightening. Healthy hair gives you that stunning look and adds to your self-esteem. Diseases such as alopecia have threatened the desire to possess healthy hair. Many people are experiencing early hair loss, called male baldness, and a receding hairline that chips into humans crowning glory- the hair. Those prone to genetic patterns of male baldness and alopecia can benefit from technological advancement in non-surgical hair replacement to significantly restore the lost hair.
You do not need to worry about the failure of alopecia medication that does not address all forms of the disease, procedures like hair transplantation can help you maintain and protect your hairline. Hair transplantation is proven to work in many patients with hair loss problems.
However, if undergoing surgery or using medications is unpleasant for you, non-surgical hair replacement has you covered. This paper addresses the non-surgical hair replacement procedure and how its products work. We will also discuss alternatives to non-surgical hair replacement, the pros and cons of using non-surgical methods.
Hair Replacement Systems
The old hair replacement methods were toupees or wigs, an artificial mechanism of covering the hair loss parchments on the scalp. The modern hair replacement system is intended to cover the hair you are missing from hair loss causes such as Androgenetic Alopecia, Anagen Effluvium, Male Pattern Baldness, and Trichotillomania, among others. A hair replacement system attaches to the remaining hair to conceal the area on the scalp that has lost hair.
The procedure for non-surgical hair replacement
Non-surgical hair replacement system entails attaching a thin transparent membrane-like layer of polyurethane on the scalp to form a second skin on the head. During the procedure, a hair replacement membrane is first implanted with human hair. The hair system is customized to create the closest match to the patient’s current hair characteristics. The design team considers certain specifications such as density selection, parting breaks, hair wave, the direction of implant, and color match, among other features. The system will provide you with a fine layer of skin forming an extension of the epidermis. The accompanying liquid skin (the transparent polyurethane membrane) gives the underlying scalp visibility, providing a natural look on the crown and partings.
A template or mold creation on the patient’s scalp is part of the non-surgical procedure. The template produces a replica of the scalp contours used to create a fitting transparent polyurethane layer. Using customized templates is encouraged rather than standardized if you want a perfect integration. The growth of technology in the hair replacement industry has superseded the famous hairpiece for men of the previous years. Such contempt is due to the superiority of the hair replacement procedure to the original hairpiece for men.
Advantages of non-surgical hair replacement
- Non-intrusive attachment– Non-surgical hair replacement system perfectly attaches to the skin membrane without fear of pulling out. No wonder many athletes adore it as they can comfortably participate in water-related sports or other sporting activities without fear of embarrassment. This hair replacement system is the most preferred by sportsmen and celebrities worldwide.
- Superior to Artificial hair systems– Artificial hair system does not look real and can be identified as fake hair. Non-surgical hair replacement can be customized to match your natural hair, helping the hair blend in very well with your hair. High-quality hair systems can look extremely similar to your natural hair, making it difficult for others to identify the difference.
- Cost– The cost of doing a hair replacement system is cheaper when compared to that of undergoing surgery to fix a hair loss problem. Hair loss is a problem that affects both the wealthy and the poor. Thanks to non-surgical options, even people with minimum material can correct their hair and acquire a nice look.
- Convenience- surgical procedures like hair transplantation take some time to recover, approximately one or two weeks. The time taken can create an inconvenience; on the other hand, fitting a hair system is easier, taking less time, thus allowing you to proceed with your activities.
- Every procedure has two sides of the coin, and a non-surgical hair replacement system also has disadvantages.
- Longevity– There is no single hair replacement procedure that would suffice a lifetime. The individual procedure of the hair replacement system only lasts a year, meaning that you will need a future hair replacement system and its accompanying template.
- Discoloration– The attached hair will start to discolor and look different from the natural hair.
- Poor quality– Hair systems vary greatly in quality, with some of the products exhibiting low quality, often unconvincing. Low quality though cheap, results in undesired outcomes for the client.
Alternative to non-surgical hair systems
Although a non-surgical hair system is less risky and preferred by many people, there are alternatives to keeping a fantastic hair look from the scalp losing hair.
Scalp micro pigmentation is a non-surgical procedure that employs tattooed dots on the scalp, creating thicker hair. Though not able to create hair, the micro-pigmentation illusion covers up the bald areas to replicate fuller hair. It can cover scars lefts after surgery or an alopecia disease. Micropigmentation has several advantages, which include convenience and lack of maintenance after the pigmentation is done. It, however, has an unnatural appearance on the scalp, and it is essentially a tattoo.
Surgical hair transplant– This is a surgical technique in which hair follicles are extracted from one part of the body and then planted to the part of the balding body. It is a minimal procedure that involves an implant of an anti-balding hair follicle to the balding area to generate new hair. You will need to have the money to cover the cost and quality hair in another body area to donate the follicles you need for the balding area. The surgery does not replace the lost hair; nevertheless, it can immensely change your appearance by filling the bald areas in your scalp.
Conclusion Receding hairline and baldness due to disease, genetic condition, or old age is dreaded by masses. Technological advancement in the field of hair development system has quelled the fear attached to hair loss. Many can comfortably gain the youthful hair look of their dreams with procedures such as non-surgical hair replacement systems and hair transplants.