Attaining natural-looking hair after using a flat iron can be quite tricky but if done just right, you might be able to get the perfect, sleek look you want. It is extremely easy to attain that silk press straightness with your flat iron at home, there’s no need for an appointment at the salon! The flat iron you’re using also matters greatly in achieving the perfect results. A ceramic flat iron is ideally chosen because it helps distribute the heat evenly so that you can straighten your hair well without worrying about damaging it or ending up with frizzy looking hair. If you’ve got damaged hair then you might want tofla use a flat iron that has ionic plates which will prevent further damage.
Once you’ve picked your perfect flat iron, it’s time to get to work,
- Getting your hair ready
- Now don’t fret, you don’t need to have professional, expensive products to get your hair prepped, just grab any shampoo and conditioner that works towards making your hair sleek or straight, which you might already have, and give your hair a good rinse to make it nice and ready for the straightening.
- Then make sure to gently pat your hair dry, make sure not to leave it damp or wet to avoid any frizzing that may occur during the straightening.
- Now because you’ll be applying heat directly to your hair, you want to make sure that it is protected from damage that may occur due to the heat, for which you can use a heat protection serum and make sure to apply it evenly throughout your hair.
- Since your hair is not used to the heat, it is best to blow dry your hair to let it adapt to the heat before bringing it in direct contact with the heat otherwise it could cause breakage.
2. Doing it right
- To get the best results and avoid any issues, you must know how to iron your hair straight properly. You need to turn your flat iron on and adjust the heat setting according to your hair needs, too high and it can damage it, too low and it may not even work, so find the balance. Thin hair needs low heat, thick hair needs high heat.
- Part your hair into sections to be able to straighten it efficiently, use clips and a fine comb to make even sections. This will also help you track your ironing.
- Start ironing your hair from 1 inch away from your scalp but be careful not to burn yourself, this is just to make sure that you don’t have curly roots.
- Now clamp the iron down on your hair and do so gently, a firm grip may cause damage, and make sure not to hold the iron in one spot for too long, or else you could burn your hair.
- Run the flat iron down your hair from the roots to the ends in a fluid motion without hurrying too much or keeping it in one spot for too long. Run it down your hair a few times as needed to get the desired result.
To maintain your hair, avoid getting it wet immediately and blow dry it after the straightening to make it hold its shape. you can use hairspray or other setting products that suit your hair for longer-lasting results by using flat iron for natural hair silk press.