The bedroom is the most personal room in your home. It’s where you go to escape from the world and be who you really are without any judgment. The bedroom should be a place of comfort, solace, refuge, and relaxation – it should also look great! We have put together some of our favorite decor ideas for bedrooms that we think will inspire you to create a space that is beautiful yet affordable.
Try these top decor ideas in your own home today!
- Use a patterned duvet cover to create a focal point in your bedroom. The pattern is one of the best ways to add color and style without breaking the bank, so experiment with different patterns until you find one that works for you (or mix them together!). Add some throw pillows to your couch or bedding if they fit with the color scheme of your room.
- Add rugs into your decor; not only do they make it easier to clean up after those pesky spills but also add texture as well! This can be done by adding just one rug on either side of the bed or by creating an area rug under the bed. If space allows, try out this idea by letting the carpet peek through from behind halfway down each wall – this creates more depth in any room while still being subtle enough that it won’t take away from the rest of your decor.
- Use a fun piece of furniture to add some color – this can be anything from an accent chair, a vibrant ottoman, or even just one single flower in a vase on the dresser! The possibilities are endless and you’ll find that these things will help keep your room more interesting without taking up too much space or breaking the bank.
- Add personality by painting your walls with something other than white; it breaks up any monotony while still being neutral enough so as not to clash with whatever else is going on in the room. If brown isn’t for you (or if there’s zero chance for damage), try out mint green which has been trending lately.
- Turn old furniture into a headboard! You can either paint them or embellish them with fabric, but the key is to make it look intentional and not as a last-minute decision.
- Mirror for room decor! Buy a mirror and place it on the wall. It will give you an instant sense of space as if your room is more than just two walls.
- Add some color to the ceiling! Painting or drawing stars can be inexpensive yet have plenty of visual interest. Add lamb’s ear plants for a touch of greenery too!
- Get some lamps instead of overhead lighting; this way everything in your bedroom has its own spotlight rather than competing with all that other light coming from up high
- Make use of empty corners by adding shelves and small side tables – these are great places to store items like books, magazines, framed pictures, scarves – anything at all really! And they add so much character when there’s nothing else going on in a particular corner
- Add some live plants to your bedroom space. It’s easy: just find a plant stand, and then pick up some small decorative pots in any color you want! Fill them with dirt or potting soil, water the plants (letting most of it drain out; don’t leave excess water sitting on top) – now place little succulents or cacti around the room for an instant burst of green
- Install shelving that can be used as both storage and decoration. Hang frames from wire displays so you never have to worry about framing pictures again!
- Hang a chandelier or two over your bed. This is an easy way to make the room feel like a whimsical boudoir and it can really dress up space. If you’re looking for something simpler, try using tea lights in glass vases scattered around the bedroom
- Inexpensive home decorating ideas that will be beautiful! Add mirrors throughout your house – on end tables, desktops – anywhere that needs light reflected back at all times; use white curtains on windowsills instead of heavy drapes; hang framed pictures from wire displays so you never have to worry about framing them again!