Fish oils are obtained from the tissues of fishes and are useful in uplifting our overall lifestyle. Fish oil supplements are manufactured from fishes like crabs, oysters, mackerel, salmon, mussels, tuna, herring, trout, cod liver, whale blubber, or seal blubber. These oils are known to provide our body with Omega-3, which are essential fatty acids that our body cannot produce and therefore, we need to consume them in the form of foods or supplements.
Here are a few health benefits of consuming fish oils:
- Fish oil tablets or capsules made using oils extracted from fatty fish are rich sources of two types eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid. Providing your body with the requisite amounts of EPA and DHA (omega 3 fatty acids) can help in lowering inflammation.
- Consumption of fish oil capsules or tablets can increase the HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) levels, reduce triglycerides (or blood fats), avoid hardening of the arteries, lower blood pressure, and prevent the formation of plaques in the arteries. Due to these reasons, researchers from all around the world believe that fish oil supplements can support heart health.
- Consumption of fish oils can help older adults to maintain greater bone density.
- Macular degeneration is a condition that becomes more prevalent with age and can lead to the loss or distortion of vision. Fish oil consumption can help in lowering the risk of age-related macular degeneration and thus prevent loss of vision in adults.
- As per a lot of studies conducted across the globe, it is found that consumption of fish oil supplements during pregnancy can help in reducing the risk of asthma and allergies in children.
- According to some researchers, omega3 fatty acids can lead to fat loss by regulating your metabolism rate.
- Fish oil supplements can help in stimulating muscle protein synthesis and improving muscle mass in older adults (even those who are living a sedentary lifestyle). Fitness enthusiasts can also consume fish oil supplements to increase muscle strength.
Some of the best fish oil supplements that you can consider buying are:
- HealthKart Fish Oil 1000mg with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA
- MuscleBlaze Fish Oil (1000 mg)
- TrueBasics Fish Oil with 1250mg Omega-3 560mg EPA 400mg DHA
- MuscleBlaze Fish Oil Gold (460 EPA & 380 DHA)
- GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil
- INLIFE Fish Oil capsules
- MusclePharm Fish Oil
- Neuherbs Deep Sea Fish Oil
- If you have any health problem for which you are already consuming medicines, then we will suggest you to not consume these supplements without consulting your doctor.
- Do not consume excessive amounts of fish oils. You should follow the daily recommended dosage mentioned by your doctor or by the supplement brand.
- Do not consume fish oil supplements if you are under 18
- If you are allergic to fish, then try to avoid the consumption of these supplements
Conclusion: We hope this article on fish oil will help you understand the importance of consuming omega3 fatty acid (fish oil) supplements or foods. If you have any query, feel free to connect with us by leaving your comments below.