Some people are rapper fans, and some people just love to argue about rapper rankings. Here is a definitive list of the top 15 rappers in the game right now!
1) Lil Wayne: Lil Wayne is rapper royalty. He’s one of the few artists who has been able to sustain a career for more than five years and still gain new fans. His longevity in the game, propensity for releasing hit records, and ability to remain culturally relevant make him the top choice on this list!
2) Drake: Drake is the rapper with all the hits. His songs are on every radio station, and he’s collaborated with some of rap’s biggest names in a way that has earned him respect from those big names. After being signed to Lil Wayne’s Young Money label for years, Drake left for his own OVO Label!
3) Kanye West: Kanye is a rapper who has reinvented himself so many times, it’s hard to keep up. He was once the rapper with all of rap’s most quotable lyrics. Now he’s a rapper/producer that consistently releases groundbreaking material and strives to be artistic in every way possible.
4) Eminem: Eminem is a rapper’s rapper. He gets compared to the likes of Tupac and Biggie Smalls because of how skilled he is with wordplay, metaphors, double entendres, etc.
5) J Cole: J Cole is an artist who has been steadily releasing albums for the past decade and never fails to impress. He’s someone with a unique sound that knows how to mix rap, soul, jazz, R&B in a way that creates something beautiful.
6) Kendrick Lamar: Kendrick Lamar is one rapper who has been able to tell the stories of people in his community, which often get ignored. He knows how to rap about something really tough and make it relatable for everyone else too.
7) Jay Z: Jay Z is a rapper who has been in the game for decades. He’s one of those rappers that just knows how to rap about anything and make it sound good, he can talk about his wealth or struggles with drugs and alcohol and still be great at what he does.
8) Nas: rapper Nas is someone who has been able to talk about his legacy in the rap game and where he stands among all of these other rappers. He’s always bringing something new with each album, but still knows how to bring that same energy from before
9) Eminem: rapper Eminem is one of the best rappers in the game. He’s been able to talk about his drug addiction, which can be a pretty tough thing for people to rap about but he makes it seem so easy
10) J Cole: rapper J.Cole is one of the most recent additions to this list and he’s done a lot in such a short period of time. He has been able to talk about being rich without sounding like too much of an egotistical rapper, but also talks about his struggles with fame
11) Nicki Minaj: rapper Nicki is one of the most popular female rappers in the game. She’s been able to talk about being on top and how easy it is for her, but also talks about struggling with confidence as a woman rapper
12) Drake: rapper Drake has taken over so many different genres that he deserves his own tier, but he’s a rapper who is always on top of the game. He doesn’t get too deep into his personal life which makes him seem much more relatable
13) Snoop Dog: rapper Snoop has been around for so long that it seems like he was just born with talent in rapping and singing. He doesn’t have to try hard because he just comes on the mic and does his thing
14) Eminem: rapper Eminem, like Snoop Dog, is an OG rapper who has been in the game for a long time. He’s always talking about how great of a rapper he is but also talks about vulnerable moments that keep him human
15) Ice Cube: rapper Ice cube has been in the rap game for a long time and is one of those rappers who you can’t deny the talent. He talks about how he came up from being broke with no hope of making it big, making his songs more relatable.